Sunday, May 25, 2014

Easy End Table Makeover


I don't have the budget to buy brand new furniture. If I can turn something outdated and cheap into something classy looking, I'll definitely do it!

I found my end table at a used furniture store a few years ago for $25. It's in great shape and worked just fine with my living room decor, until I repainted the room and changed the look completely. Now the end table seemed outdated and didn't really match. Easy fix!

I stock pile paint so I used what I had on hand. I picked a color that would match my new living room decor. My husband's only request was to "please please replace that ugly knob" lol. I found a nice knob for $3.99 at World Market.

If you don't have the right color lying around as I did, I would recommend you buy a jar of sample paint from Lowe's for $2.99. It should be enough to paint a piece this size. I've tried it with other pieces of furniture.




Sand your end table down so the paint adheres well. Apply 1-2 coats of paint. Dry in between coats. I also applied a polyacrylic water based top coat to protect my paint. Easy!



No comments :

Post a Comment