Sunday, May 25, 2014

Children's Art Gallery

Really cheap and easy!

I bought 2 yard sticks at Home Depot (roughly 68 cents each) and spray painted them black to match my son's bedroom furniture. I had clothes pins on hand (no idea how I acquired them lol) and spray painted them silver. I redid my son's dresser in black and silver so this matches perfectly.

I used Gorilla Glue to glue the clothes pins in place. I would recommend Super Glue instead since Gorilla Glue expands and I can actually see the glue on this. I'll be sure to use super glue when I make my daughter's.

Be sure to space your clothes pins appropriately. I just eyed it visually with a sheet of 8.5x11 paper.

Drill two small holes into each yard stick and then screw them into place using a leveler. Drilling small holes in advance prevents the wooden yard stick from splitting when screwed into the wall. Dab some matching acrylic paint over the screws and you'll never seem them!


No comments :

Post a Comment