Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Peppermint Buttercream Frosting


This recipe is so simple and so good. This is my first time making a Peppermint Buttercream and I must say, I will definitely be making this again before the holidays are over! 

I made a Classic Vanilla Buttercream recipe, which I have a link to here. There is also a link for Chocolate Buttercream as well. I bet the peppermint would taste great with the chocolate too!

The only addition I made to the vanilla buttercream recipe was 2 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil. That's it! This is my first time using an essential oil in my baking. I will definitely have to venture out of my comfort zone more and try other oils. 


To top off my cupcakes I took a few candy canes and put them inside a Ziploc bag and crushed them with a rolling pin. My daughter had a lot of fun helping with this part!


There you go! A very easy, but festive holiday dessert that is sure to impress. 

No comments :

Post a Comment