Saturday, December 6, 2014

Chevron Wooden Monogram Letter - Door Hanger



This is such a simple inexpensive craft to spruce up any interior or exterior door. I found this monogram letter E in a clearance bin at Michael's for just cents. It's made of MDF instead of real wood, but for this tiny project who cares?

My daughter is in love with the new craze for chevron patterns and just had to have this in pink and black to match her new Tween Zebra Room, slowly but surely "under construction". 

For this project I used a stencil I purchased from Amazon. Way easier than taping off a million zigzag lines! I got 2x 12" stencils for $6, so definitely a good deal and worth it.

I used Valspar spray paint in black and hot pink. 



I spray painted the monogram letter entirely in black. Remember to spray the edges as they will be seen. Always spray in a well ventilated area or outside.


Once fully dry position your stencil where you want it and spray your secondary color.


I bought some zebra wire ribbon at Michael's with a 50% off coupon and used a hot glue gun to glue both ends to the back of the letter. If you have a staple gun you could use that as well as long as you use a short staple, approximately 1/4 inch. Snip the ends at the top of the ribbon so you don't have a blunt straight edge. Nice!



8 comments :

  1. I really like this Idea. Do you think it would work on your outside door if you seal it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and I'd use real wood not the cheap MDF. I'd probably seal with a water based polyacrylic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recoveries time as well as cash also. Yard Signs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prior, for printing business cards, you needed to visit Business card printing administration focuses and pick the outline, visit many organizations for getting great quality and rate. cheap custom bookmarks printing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most importantly you want an affordable solution for poster printing in the city from a team that delivers first rate T-Shirt Printing London amongst other services. Luxury printing London

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty adequate post. I merely stumbled aloft your web log and basic to say that I acquire extremely enjoyed annual your web log posts
    cheap door hangers advertising

    ReplyDelete