Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Carrot Cake Cupcakes


This is undoubtedly the best carrot cake recipe out there! I cannot take credit however. In my search for a classic homemade carrot cake I came across Sigrid's Carrot Cake. It's as easy as any store bought carrot cake mix, but homemade and way better! 

This is the 3rd year in a row that I've made this particular cake for my boss's birthday. This year however I chose to make cupcakes instead so it's easier to serve at work. This recipe does not give a bake time for cupcakes so I took a stab in the dark and guessed. 

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Yields 30 cupcakes. 

I did not have enough icing to frost 30 cupcakes. I barely frosted 26 so basically the last 4 were carrot cake muffins. Breakfast. You're welcome. 

I chose not to mix in the chopped pecans since some individuals may prefer no nuts, like myself. I sprinkled half my cupcakes with chopped pecans. Personally I think the pecans sprinkled on top is more visually appealing anyway.

Easy peasy as my daughter says ;) 

No comments :

Post a Comment