Wednesday, November 15, 2017

DIY Nautical Knobs and Handles


I wish I had taken more photos of these knobs and handles, but it was an afterthought. I really wasn't sure how well these would turn out. In addition, I almost forgot to take a "before" picture of the dresser! So, most of the handles and knobs were missing when I took the photo below. The top drawers had standard round knobs. 



I shopped around for nautical knobs and handles that would compliment the dresser. I was not however, willing to pay $3-$5 per knob or handle. That adds up!

I purchased a vintage lot of red industrial metal faucet handles from eBay for $12.50. I used 4 of them for the two top drawers. I spray painted them white and bought the appropriate size screws and nuts to attach them to the drawers. 



I reused the original handles for the bottom 4 drawers and spray painted them white as well. Now the fun part - adding jute rope to the middle of the handle. Just place a dot of glue with your hot glue gun and attach the end of your jute rope. Now wind it around until you have covered the middle and cut. Add another dollop of glue and you're done. 



Nautical knobs and handles in just minutes! Easy peasy!


No comments :

Post a Comment