Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Tween Zebra Room Makeover

ROOM REVEAL

FINALLY done with this tween room! My little girl is growing up and she wanted nothing more to do with Scooby Doo or her Barbie house. She also discovered she was female finally and requested a pink zebra room. If you've read all my other posts about her room you know the story :)

Without further ado here are the before and after pics of her room!



I did have a frame for her bed, but I started painting it prior to taking before pictures of her room. Then, we decided to upgrade her to a queen bed since she was getting so tall. I bought her energy efficient zebra curtains from the Wal-Mart website and hemmed them to a proper height for her room. I picked up new fashionable curtain rods at Ross. WAY cheaper than even Target or Wal-Mart. You can click on my links for the nightstanddresser and headboard to see how I redid those.



You see the zebra lamp shade that totally didn't match her room? This ALL started with that lamp shade. We found it at a consignment shop for $6 and she was instantly in love :) 


Aren't these colors awesome? If you'd like to use the colors we chose, here are her paint chips. Special thanks to my friend Lauren who suggested using a complimenting color on opposing walls. I was concerned this would end up as a pepto bismol room! I narrowed down the colors to ones we could live with on our walls, but I allowed the final decision to be made by my daughter. She was very excited to be "in control".



My favorite piece in this whole room is definitely the zebra desk makeover!


Thanks to Aunt B, she also has a new monogram with ribbon to hold all her shabby chic hair clips (also thanks to Aunt B)!

I really wish this had been my room as a preteen! I wouldn't even mind moving into it now :) Being an adult is overrated. My daughter loves her new room and sometimes we just lay in her bed and look around at the awesomeness. 

Last but certainly not least, a specials thanks to my husband for all his help painting the room and scraping all the hidden wallpaper off!

Feel free to comment or contact me if you have questions about anything :)

No comments :

Post a Comment